Cross one of the world’s most legendary mountain ranges on an expedition in the depths of Patagonia
Join us on a new off-the-beaten-track expedition the through the great landscapes of Patagonia. This challenging but rewarding journey explores the real Patagonian wilderness, revealing the beauty behind its well-earned reputation as a premier trekking destination. Kick things off on the shores of stunning Nahuel Huapi Lake in Bariloche, Argentina, and head across the Andes and into Chile. This Patagonia expedition offers some of the most spectacular scenery on the continent, with lush valleys and rainforest, pristine rivers and lakes, and awe-inspiring mountains such as the majestic Tronador volcano.
Meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
Transport: Private vehicle, Boat
Accommodation: Camping (with basic facilities) (6 nights), Hotel (2 nights)
Why you'll love this trip
- Trek through a variety of unspoiled Patagonian landscapes, in both Argentina and Chile
- Camp out beneath the stars in the shadow of Andean peaks, on the homestead of a 200-year-old house of a longtime local, and riverside in the Rio Blanco Valley
- Bathe in natural thermal pools in the middle of the forest and take a refreshing dip in Esperanza River
- Take in unforgettable views of the Tronador volcano and the beautiful Todos los Santos Lake
Is this trip right for you?
- Previous hiking experience is essential for this expedition, along with an adventurous spirit and a love of straying from the beaten path.
- A good level of physical fitness is required. You’ll need to be able to carry your own 45–60 litre backpack with 10–12 kg. (Horses are provided for porterage on the first trek day, and human porters can be hired at an extra cost after that.)
- Remember that this is a trekking and camping trip in a very remote area. There are no toilet or shower facilities during the trek. The reward for all of this is the chance to behold the great landscapes of Patagonia, one of the most incredible wildernesses on the planet.
- We’ve put a lot of research into putting this new trip together, however that doesn’t mean it will run perfectly. In fact, because it’s brand new we expect a few bumps along the way. But in our experience, we find that if you keep an open mind and flexible attitude you’ll discover that a little detour here and there can make things more interesting. However, if this is something that concerns you then we recommend holding off and booking this trip in another year or so when the kinks are ironed out.
- On occasion due to weather conditions the itinerary may not be possible. In this instance we will operate an alternative itinerary that’s outlined in the itinerary disclaimer section of the ‘essential trip information’
Prices are correct at time of quote but subject to change and availability at time of booking. Call us on 0504 22200 for more details. Guide Price Only